Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sunny Days


Today is a cloudy rainy day here and I am trying to get some house cleaning done. We have been having a problem with those microscopic Sugar Ants in the kitchen. I think it is because of all the food that ends up on the floor under Phi's chair, but that is not the only place they congregate . I "deep cleaned" the counter tops and then floor yesterday with Lysol and that has seemed to help the problem a little, have to try and keep up on it more often. Today the schedule has "folding the mountain of laundry on the guest bed" and ironing some mandatory items along with baths for the boys and making sure feedings, lunch, and naps stay on track. I have found that it's less overwhelming if I write out a approximate schedule in the morning before getting out of bed as to what project to tackle for the day and when to fit it in among the mandatory things like naps, feedings, lunch and dinner prep. Seems to help me get motivated to get out of bed and start the day instead of laying there overwhelmed by the seemingly endless mound of possibilities. It has helped to get me more on tract with morning readings, as I feel like I have time, (though that shouldn't make a difference) and also with diet and exercise. It would be great to lose 20 pounds in the next two and half months, I guess that's my goal and we'll see if we can do it. After all that here are some pictures of a walk we took with Gramma, A. Sue, A. Deb and Kate on a sunny day last week. All are compliments of A. Deb as I forgot our camera again. Enjoy!

Phi keeping track of cousin Kate. He was having fun peeking at her
and wanted her close, this was his solution.


Who's in my glasses??

Strollering along!

The baby sitters!

He did pretty good about keeping these on until he got bored.



Cousin Kate in her shades


doing her stretches before the walk.


Kate is looking bored or maybe tired.


What are you looking at??

She has two teeth now on the bottom and loves to make growling
noises which sound so cute and funny coming from a little girl.

Verse for the day:
Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; Mine elect, in whom My soul delighteth...
Is. 42 :1


I have had this verse on my mind and finally found it's reference. Over the course of the last few days Sat. night was a Y.P. meeting, Sunday was all day meeting and Mon. night we were invited to supper and a reading at T&H Blakes home. The thought that has stuck with me from it all is how we ought to keep our eyes on HIM and it makes the wiles of the way much let tempting and the enemy get the victory a lot less. "If the eye be single the whole body shall be full of Light".

2 comments:

ioi said...

How old is Kate now? Emma makes little growling noises (that sound less than feminine) a lot too.

Sjo said...

She will be 6 months old this month. It is so funny and cute sounding.