Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Irresistable...

I don't know what brought them to mind, it was snowing outside and cozy in and that's the perfect time for baking to me, so here we went.

Ready to roll.

I sorta made it up as I went along, I started with a white bread/roll recipe but since this was to be cinnamon rolls didn't want it to be all bad for ya'. So in went 1 cup less of flour, powered milk, an extra cup of oatmeal and oat bran, wheat germ and ground flax seed, plus converting half the flour to whole wheat and doing 1/2 the sugar called for in the dough. After all that the out come seemed a bit uncertain, but I put them to rise and they did so nicely. While they were doing so I looked at allrecipes.com and found a recipe that said it was just like cinnabons and the secret seemed to be that they only cooked for 15 minutes instead of the 20-25 called for in most recipes, worth a try.

I greased everything extra well as the dough was very moist since it had less flour. Butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and than threw in some raisins and craisins on half since not all appreciate them and wished I had some walnuts but we didn't. Got them all rolled up a process that intrigued Phi and cut and into pans that had a sugar/cinnamon/butter goo on the bottom.

Not sure how all this sugar could be good for you but we tried to help it out. 20 minutes rising in the warm oven, 15 minutes at 350 and at last.

Taste testing time = Delicious
Even with out the extra glaze that I'm suposed to make and haven't yet they were too yummy to eat just one. Mr Wise Guy, Deb and Kate just might get to try some this weekend if there's any left by then. :0D

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Okay, those look way too good! Please spare me from having to make an entire batch for just the 2 of us and just bring some along. :) I was really hoping as I was reading that this was a recent event so you might have some to bring along. ;) We won't complain...and remember we promised you some choc. covered pretzels. Boy! So much for dieting! :) Happy Anniversary by the way.
PS you can bring along the recipe you used if you have time and/or remember.

NaomiG said...

Oh man. I was just thinking about cinnamon rolls (in passing) this morning. Now I'm drooling for some!!! And that is really weird considering that I'm roasting garlic right now, and my whole house smells like it. My head may explode.

Jenn said...

Those looks so yummy! I am coming over right away, so save some for me!! :) lol, just kidding! ;)

Erlandson Family said...

"nummm".. as my babies would say.. :) a friend and i just made a whole whopping batch of them there cinnamon rolls too!!! what fun friend time and the eating was divine!!!! :)

Mary said...

Hi, I just wanted to give you a link to that blog I was telling you about. Here it is. http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ It was nice visiting with you for a little bit :). I hope you're all doing well!

Susan said...

Looks delicious! I love cinnamon rolls! That was quite a huge batch!! I made a bunch over the Christmas holidays...I'm only allowed to make them once a year! They are so irresistable.