Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week C

We seem to be progressing well, though we're only 3 weeks into it. We go over this Alphabet place mat before proceeding with our letter for the week and he can already pick out others that he knows now. He seems to enjoy it and was asking me today what our letter was going to be this week. :)


So for week C we had a snack of Chocolate Covered raisins, Cranberries, and Alphabet Cookies*. (*Trader Joe's, the best)

We ate it while wearing Daddy's Cap.

This one might become a favorite of Mommy's when possible. For one day we picked out all our toys that started with C and some books too and that was all we played with for the day. It greatly lessened the amount of toys under foot!

It was a great letter to do it for since Cars starts with C, so we had our Car truck, and a Chicken that snuck in for a ride.

And Car races from the Car truck.


"on your mark, get set, GO!"

Racing to the finish line!

And also our Cows and Containers.

"Hello, I'm a Cow in a Container, eating a Carrot."


Seconds before this was taken these were Cows on Containers.

We also got to Color with Crayons pictures of Chipmunks and Chicks.

And a C lunch we had.


Even Jeffy got a Cracker, he's also attempted crawling this week all because of C I'm sure. ;)

Phi got to be a Chief partly for the C and partly because it was Thanksgiving week.


And for the same reason he got to help make a pie Crust.

As an aside did you know you can use butter instead of shortening in pie crust? I did it as an experiment and it worked great! No more hydrogenated shortening for me.

Ready for the pan.

And here was our C page from the paper and Country Magazine.

And practicing writing C.


Our verse for the week:
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

And our song was: C-O-M-E that's all He asks of me...

We also made a Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake, we have a recipe that is very simple that Phi loves to help with but it calls for packaged cake mix and pudding so I have been meaning to find a homemade recipe that we could do so I know what all the ingredients are. This was just the incentive I needed to dig through some recipe books and come up with a good one from all the ones I could find that sounded good. For the holiday we also made Chocolate Peppermint Truffles (w/ Trader Joe's Peppermint Oreos, my new favorite find, don't know how I'm gonna survive when they go back out of season.) and Chocolate dipped pretzel slims. I think this may have been my favorite week so far! :) Hooray for Chocolate! :D

4 comments:

NaomiG said...

I love it when things all come together smoothly for projects like that! :-) All those C's--very cool. :-)

Confession: When we lived near TJ's at the end of the christmas season I would buy 5 or 6 boxes of the peppermint oreos to tide me over until the summer at least. Also did the same with the peppermint hot chocolate. Although, TJ's regular oreos are pretty outstanding too.

Brooke said...

Did you know that they have chocolate COVERED Jo-Jos as well???? One time I found a box of peppermint jo-jos in the middle of the summer...they must have just found them in the back that day, I guess.
Great job with the letter C, and what a good idea to cut down on the toys.

The Chatty Housewife said...

"Hello, I'm a Cow in a Container, eating a Carrot."

LOVE THAT! Great job once again, I am loving these posts.

Sjo said...

Stockpiling TJ's oreos, sounds like a great idea to me... I wonder how long they'd keep in the freezer?

Thanks for the encouragement! We are having fun and it's keeping my creative side busy thinking up something fun and different to go with each letter.