Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Couponing...

It's pretty fun stuff, especially when you have a Sister in law who's really good at it and clues you in on all the great deals!! Thank you Coca!
Today we ran around and got these great deals:
3lb.s of Turkey breast meat $5 @ Safeway.
Edit: It gets even better, with a -$1 coupon we found tonight we can get it for $4 per 3lb.s!

Sour cream .69 each


Tostitos Chips .99 per bag.
Those were all Safeway deals and a real couponer would probably barely call them deals. But they were savings for us, on things we were already buying so that worked for me.
My favorite of the day tho' was Walgreens,

6 bottles of shampoo (that I love)
2 - 6 pks of Dove bar soap for $2.25
+ $5 to spend in store on something else another time!
That's more like a couponers deal! ;)

These were a decent deal at Freddy's, Organic Blue Corn Chips for 2.99. Better than the 4.99 per bag they were asking.

Dole canned Pinapple for .70 a can, worked for me @ Winco.

But here's another true couponers deal. We went into Albertsons last night with coupons and double coupons and walked out with 4 boxes of WW pasta and 2 - 3pks of juice for FREE! This is not stealing, it's called couponing! And it's still a little crazy for me that you can actually do this!

This was tonight's steal of a deal, Hershey's Dark chocolate chips for $1.10 per bag since we had some Catalina's (in store credit) to use up. If you want to learn more about it check out this site.


There's many more like it around the NW if you do some snooping. It takes time but they do half the work of matching deals and telling you were to find them! Pretty crazy stuff, but it's sure fun to watch the register numbers turn from XXX amount of dollars to 000's or close!!

2 comments:

NaomiG said...

Awesome work! I am not organized enough to coupon like that, and driving from store to store makes me an insane woman, that being said, I do try to keep my eyes peeled for certain sales/coupons for places I know I'm going to be going anyway--Costco especially. What cracks me up is this post totally reminded me of Frank and me last night, sitting and staring VERRRY SUSPICIOUSLY at the computer at plane ticket prices that were so low, we were sure there was some sort of trickery involved. Gotta love freaky good deals. :-)

The Chatty Housewife said...

Wowzers. Thanks for linking to the website, I'm going to check it out! Maybe there will be some good deals for the grocery stores I usually go to. You guys are so lucky to be in an area with so many different grocery stores!