Monday, January 18, 2010

Week J

We started off with a visit to Aunt Jenn which was special for many reasons but mostly because she's a special person!


I now know why Junk food starts with J, the only foods the cook book lists were Jam or Jelly and we did have that on toast but what's new. We could have branched out to Japanese food but I'm not great with oriental dishes. So we were left with these,

Joe Joe's!

Jello Pudding,


And Jelly beans (thx Gwynne)!

In a Jar.


We wore a Jacket and Jeans, the salsa has nothing to do with it other than that was what he happened to be carrying when I finally got a chance to take his picture. We didn't do Jalapenos!

He knew that this little man's Daddy started with J when he's not Mr. Wise Guy. :)

Also Gramma Jo, but we couldn't find a picture of her.

Writing our J.


We also did Jumping Jacks, which I didn't get pictures of as I had to do them too. The boys both did plenty of Jumping on the bed, a favorite past time of theirs when I'm on the computer.

We watched videos of blue Jays which happen to be Phi's favorite bird, and a quick one of a Jaguar which is not one of Phi's favorite animals.

Our verse was: Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, and today, and forever. Heb 13:8
Phi surprised me on Sunday by saying it in Sunday School when all the other kids said theirs. That was a first, as was getting to go to Sunday School class for the first time.

We sang lots of J songs including Jesus loves me and Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. Phi is beginning to branch out on his own in this area ever since he saw the video Kate made for him on his Birthday! He now goes around singing one or two lines to different songs that he's heard and then stating, "I can do it Mommy." They were riding around Costco the other day in the cart singing "Happy day, happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away." Jesus bids us shine!:)
Our bible stories were about Jacob and then his son Joseph, Phi seems to enjoy them very much and always wants to hear more of what the person is doing.

I wanted to get out Jogging but I think it rained almost the whole week so we got out of that one. ;)
So we head into week K another challenging one, I'll just have to become more Kreative, ur well, perhaps not that creative.

3 comments:

Rufe said...

typing with the Keys on the Keyboard, helping Mommy in the Kitchen, Knights in shining armor (I'd like to see that one!), Koala bears, Kangaroos, Kittens, etc, etc....

Sjo said...

Thank you, we had the animals but were having trouble with things to do.

Brooke said...

Kick boxing : ) Karate. Kites and kite-boarding. Oh dear, perhaps you should skip "K". Although, making kites would be fun and easy. Just pray that it rains and you can't go test them out!