Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My meditation of HIM shall be sweet...Ps. 104:34


A favorite of my photos.


And Joseph's master took him and put him into the prison...but the Lord was with Joseph....and that which he did the Lord made it to prosper. Gen. 39: 20,21,23


I was reading in Genesis 39 this morning and then found this poem that I had saved some time ago. As we go through each day I was thinking recently of how much we short ourselves and the LORD by not trusting HIM. Trusting that HE knows best and moves all circumstances for our good and blessing though to us it is not always apparent immediately, as in Joseph's case.


Between the circumstance and me a Father's loving hand,
Is working all things for my good- All moves at His command.

Between the circumstance and me a Father's loving heart,
Knows all the problems of the path, and bears a Father's part.

Between the circumstance and me, a Father's holy will,
Is over-ruling everything, with wisdom and with skill.

Behold the Saviour on the cross, in deepest agony,
Who suffered to atone for sin, in love for you and me.

The Love that held Him to that cross, to suffer and to die,
That love remains the same today, and hears His people's cry.

The power that raised Him from the dead, that resurrection power,
Is working for His people's good, each moment and each hour.

O why be burdened then with care? The love that set me free,
Such love is evermore between the circumstance and me.

And when above the circumstance, we see God's hand and ways,
In comfort, peace and blessing gives a cause for endless praise.

-author unknow
n

1 comment:

an encourager said...

Hi! I had Googled a portion of this verse because it was coming to mind but I didn't know the address. And Google led me to your blog! Darling! I'm glad you love the Lord Jesus Christ and are bringing Him glory through your blog. May both our meditations in the hours of this day be filled with the sweetness of our Savior. Thanks! Liz