Monday, February 18, 2008

The Weaver


Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves,
that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to
preserve life.
Genesis 45:5

And we know that all things work together for good to them
that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS
purpose. What shall we say then to these things? If GOD be
for us who can be against us?
Romans 8:28,31


The Weaver

My life is but a weaving
between the Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
HE worketh steadily,
Oft times HE weaveth sorrow
and I in foolish pride
Forget HE sees the upper
And I the underside.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern HE has planned.

I don't know who the author is but have enjoyed this poem and it went well with my morning reading of Joseph and his brothers.

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I used google and it seems that a man named Benjamin Malachi Franklin wrote the poem. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Did you take that picture?? If you did thats amazing!

Sjo said...

Thanks for the comments, I think there might be more to the poem as well. I did take the picture, bugs are fun because they're a challenge to catch on camera!