Saturday, February 23, 2008

Welcome little one!!

Introducing Aaron Leroy
who arrived at 4:13 a.m. on the 21st
he weighed in at 7lb.s and was 20 1/4 inches long.


Just arrived!

We started labor at 3:30 wed. but were not sure it was for real. Just in case around 9:00 that evening we dropped big brother off at Grandpa and Grandma's house and after staying for a while decided we would head back home since nothing seemed to be progressing too fast. Once we got back to the house contractions suddenly picked up to 3-5 minutes, I called the hospital after a half hour and was told to wait for another hour and try to relax and take a bath. We waited another 45 min. and then decided to just go in and we would walk around the hospital if they wouldn't admit us yet. We called to let them know we were coming, when we arrived they hooked up the monitors for babies heart rate assessment and left it for an hour. At the end of the hour they finally checked and told us we were 3-4 cm.s so they would check in another hour and we should go walk around. I didn't feel up to walking and things seemed to be getting a little more intense so before the hour was up I asked my Love to go tell the nurse I'd like them to check again. She came in all calm and I had another contraction right then and at the end I unintentionally pushed, I told her and her eyes got big real quick and then she said, "I'll call the doctor" as she grabbed her cell phone. Needless to say we found out we were completely dilated and ready to go. The nurse was quickly putting in the IV and trying to hook up the antibiotics (which I was supposed to have for four hours prior to delivery) then she asked me to get up and walk to the delivery room. Right, I wasn't walking any where at that point, after being wheeled in and switched to the correct bed Aaron Leroy arrived about 5 minutes later to some very flustered doctors and nurses and a very thankful Dad and Mom. They did a good job any way just had to bypass a bit of their usual routine. So here are some more pic.s of our newest little man.
He's got tons of dark hair already needs a hair cut! :0)

Big brother meeting Little brother for the first time.
(this didn't last too long)

Hello every one!
He has been very wide awake and alert for a few hours each day.
And done at least 3 hours of sleep at a time during the night so far!

Our wee little man!
Tiny Toes!!
Big brother "playing" with him.
Keeping track of his binky!!

Verse of the day:
O, give thanks unto the LORD;
for HE is good: for HIS mercy
endureth for ever.
Ps. 118:29

7 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I feel like I have been checking the computer every 15 minutes today for this update! He is simply adorable. In a few of the photos he really looks like your eldest, and then in others he really looks like you SJo! Can I post two of the photos on my blog (and give credit to you of course?)

Sjo said...

Sure you can use any of them but only you!!

Jenn said...

Thanks so much for posting your story!
Welcome little baby Aaron! We're so glad to finally meet you! :)

DallasandLisa said...

Congratulations you guys!!! Thanks for posting photos - ever since we heard he had arrived we've been checking often. He's so cute and it's fun to see him with Philemon. :) We're so happy for you!!

Susan said...

Congratulations, Sarah! Very happy for you! Good thing you relied on your own common sense instead of the hospital staff! Babies seem to come when they are ready! Glad everything is ok. I love the pictures.

ioi said...

Awww! He's SO cute! Thank you for the post - I hadn't checked for a couple days since I thought life was probably pretty busy over there! Congratulations on your wonderful new family addition!

Sjo said...

Thanks for all the comments every one. Just a thought on yours Lily, I feel it was a situation of "if any man lack wisdom let him ask of God. The Lord really under took in the whole thing and I am just thankful for the ways HE directed us!