Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New and Improving

Our basement flooded a few years back and carpeting and paneling had to come out. Since then it has been in a semi unuseful state, I hurry down to do my laundry and that's about it besides storage. We are finally getting started on it after getting the carpet and padding for a great deal and having a Dad and brother who are very handy at carpentry and such. Dad came over this past weekend and he and my Luv were able to get the recessed lighting in. It looks amazing and is a big improvement over the lights or lack there of that where there. It was a big part of the job as there was only wiring to half the room the rest had outlets for lamps. They had to run wires in the ceiling with out taking the drywall down.... it takes talent!!! :)

Grandpa's big helper!! :P

I didn't get very good befores but this is one, the only lighting is on my end though the camera flash makes it all look brighter.

And these are with the new lighting, I like the recessed lighting as it gives such a warm light to the room. And it will be great for playing ping pong since it doesn't hang off the ceiling!!

We have a ways to go as you can see but the lights are a big head start!!


Updates to follow!!

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I'm so excited for you! The space will actually be livable! You can use the kitchen down there for storage and parties and all sorts of things. You can have a play room and space for ping pong... I am so excited!

Sjo said...

Me Too! I'm trying not to be impatient for the continued progress.

Jenn said...

Wow - those lights look great - that has to be very difficult to get wiring through the walls - good thing Dad is a very patient man! :)